Wednesday 31 July 2024

First Month of Summer

It’s been a great first month of summer filled with swimming lessons and VBS and a couple of camps (a maker camp for Lily-Anna and a 6-day overnight camp for Isaac) as well as family time in Kincardine.  Kohen’s main request this summer was to go camping so he is excited about the portage camping trip coming up in August.  

I had forgotten that summer feels busier for me in some ways but it also has a more relaxed rhythm (except perhaps for the first week when I still needed to pack a lunch for Lily-Anna’s camp that happened to be across town for drop-off and pick-up.). Actually, VBS was also exhausting and much earlier than normal school days but so very rewarding to be able to connect with the children in my group and the other leaders.

This is the second year that Isaac had gone away to a Christian camp with a friend.  He has so much fun there.  I’m so thankful he can have these experiences and make these memories.

Kohen and Lily-Anna have both made a lot of progress in their swimming lessons and I am thankful.  We’ve been blessed with a couple of great teachers and they make such a difference.  I love that the pool is in the same building as the library so everyday we go to the library after they finish at the pool.  

As of today, my doctor for the past twenty years has retired.  There were three doctors at our medical center and they all retired.  He was able to find a doctor to take his patients but we don’t yet know where the new doctor will be located, though we have paid to have our medical records digitized.  I guess we should finish up the paperwork for the transfer.  We have been very blessed to be under the care of Dr. King and his staff.  I can think of a few times when he called me at home to give me results.  I will certainly miss him and his staff.

Our amazing neighbour had blessed us with time at her mobile home in Kincardine.  We all enjoyed time at the beach and the pool and the kids have fun at the playground and parks.  

It is time of course to say goodnight.

One last thought - I am really enjoying the book, Practicing the Way.  

Photos will have to wait. 

Blessings,

Elizabeth


Ephesians 3:20-21

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment