Wednesday 10 July 2013

A great visitation

It was lovely to see so many people today at the visitation.  We certainly felt loved and supported.  There were definitely some faces I didn't expect to see like my teachers from Grade 2 and 7/8 (they worked with my mom as well).  They drove a long way as did many others.  It was so nice to see nurses and other caregivers who worked with Josiah.  One of the new nurses who only had one shift with Josiah came.  That was really touching.  I was able to meet many of Graham's past and current co-workers as well as friends, neighbours, and our loving church family.  Isaac's wonderful volunteer from the Hospice came as well.  

Everything just came together without stress this morning.  It was really at the last minute that we decided to take some of Josiah's toys, and his casts or molds, his DVD player, and photos.  We had all of his birthday letters in a binder.  We were printing a large photo for the funeral home the other day and I couldn't resist printing a number of other photos just so that I would have a physical copy.  I hadn't thought about displaying them until today but I quickly found all the frames in our home and we put these photos in for a display.  It looked just the way I wanted it to without having given it any forethought.  That was a nice gift from God. 


My biggest concern today was how Isaac would react to seeing Josiah's body.  He had a wonderful date with one of his aunts today.  He even had a long nap.  He came to the funeral home at 5:45 PM so that Graham and I could have some private time with him and show him Josiah's body.  We talked about his body and his spirit.  He didn't react much at the time but a little while later he told my mom that he wanted Baby's body.  Then a few minutes later he was very excited to be running in circles.  He certainly didn't mind being doted on by his older girl cousins.  It was so nice to have all the nieces and nephews running around.   

I'm tired so I'll end this here.  A very kind neighbour brought me some herbal tea this morning to help me sleep.  I won't try it tonight as I need to get up early tomorrow but I was told it works well.

Thank you so much for your continued prayers.  God gave us strength and peace today for which we are very grateful.  We need the same for tomorrow. 

Blessings,

Elizabeth

2 Corinthians 5:1
For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 comments:

  1. Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort.
    2nd. Corinthians 1 v 3.

    Trust ye in the LORD forever; for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.
    Isaiah 26 v 4.

    When thou passeth through the waters I will be with thee. Isaiah 43 v 2.

    The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. Deuteronomy 3 v 27.

    As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you. Isaiah 66 v 13.


    Dearest Elizabeth, Graham, and Isaac,

    As you attend your treasured son and precious baby brother, Josiah Nathanael Gabriel Faulkner’s funeral service and burial, amongst all your relatives, Church family, friends and supporters, may the love and strength of God enfold and uplift you, Josiah and Isaac’s grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, friends and all there today and everyone who is thinking of you but is unable to attend the service. May the Holy Spirit’s presence be felt throughout the whole day ensuring safe travel and showing us the need to have Jesus, Lord, Saviour and guide of our lives.

    Goodbye my darling great nephew Josiah. I love gazing at you in the wonderful photographs, which your mummy and daddy kindly shared with us. You will always be cherished and remembered.

    When burdens press, and seem beyond endurance,
    Bowed down with grief, to Him I lift my face;
    And then in love He brings me sweet assurance:
    'My child! for thee sufficient is my grace'.

    God grant you all a restful night’s sleep tonight. Thank you Heavenly Father.

    Much love from your auntie Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth and Graham

    I read yesterday about Josiah and I cannot begin to offer enough condolences. Through my job I had the opportunity to meet you both and Josiah. A couple of weeks later someone mentioned your blog to me and I started reading. I hope I am not out of place with my words of condolence.

    I have met and helped a lot of people through my work and my schooling. I admit there are honestly just to many to remember everyone but a special few stick in my memory for different reasons. Your Josiah is one of them. He just had such a brightness about him, his smile, his big beautiful eyes framed with thick eyelashes that just lit up when you touched him. I am thankful God put me in your path even if only for a brief time.

    I will no doubt continue to treat many people through my career but your beautiful baby boy will always be one of the special ones I was lucky enough to meet. I will pray for your family and Josiah.

    Psalms 34:18 "The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit"

    ReplyDelete