Saturday 27 July 2013

Restless

We had a nice time in Listowel today.  I won't say what time I changed out of my pajamas.  I'm restless though.  The other night when I was watching a video at a Bible study I just had to keep moving and I wanted to stand up.  Today I didn't know what I wanted in terms of lying down, sitting, walking, etc. 

Tonight on the drive home, Isaac asked, "Where's Baby?" and talked about wanting to play with him.  He said that Baby must miss us and want to play with us.  I made a feeble attempt at explaining how it's different for those in heaven and for those of us on earth but seeing as I'm far from understanding this myself, I didn't say too much.  We keep affirming that we miss Baby and want to play with him.  Isaac did bring up "New Baby" and said that he'd play with her and help her do exercises.  Today Isaac thinks the new baby is a girl but he's also talked about having another brother in the past.  I asked him if he knows her name and he said, "Her."  Isaac said Baby was at the gravesite so I said his body was there but his spirit is in heaven.  We went to the cemetery but Isaac was most interested in the "animals" (twig deer) and the fountain. 

On the way home from the cemetery Isaac wanted Smarties.  I said maybe we'd have some at the next birthday as Isaac helps put Smarties on the cake.  He said we should have them when the new baby comes.  He agreed to eat the new baby's cake and Smarties as I said little babies can't have them. 

One of the little babies whom I'm praying for at SickKids is not doing well.  Her name is Ava. 

I started a fiction book that I picked up at the library and I've been enjoying the escape.  It doesn't help me get things put away but it's nice to focus my thoughts on the story.

I owe a lot of people responses to emails.  I read the emails and then mark them unread and then I sometimes even star them but my response rate is even worse than it usually is. 

Thank you so much for your prayers!  It seems like a lifetime ago when we had Josiah and I held him in my arms.

Blessings,

Elizabeth

Isaiah 35:10
And the ransomed of the Lord shall return,
And come to Zion with singing,
With everlasting joy on their heads.
They shall obtain joy and gladness,
And sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Elizabeth, we want you to know we read the blog every day and pray for you, Graham and Isaac. We pray that God will help you as you walk through these difficult days. That you will rest in His great love for you. That your sleep will be sweet. That the child you are carrying will be healthy and that every day, every hour you will be aware that God is for you. xo

    ReplyDelete