Friday 26 July 2013

This is Grace

I'm writing from Listowel.

Isaac started crying from his room around 8:30 tonight.  I went in and he said, "Baby died."  We talked.  He wants to play with Baby.  So does Mommy.  I asked him if he remembered sitting on the chair with Baby.  "And Baby grabbed my book.  I moved it like this," he said with wide eyes and a smile, demonstrating where he put the book so Josiah couldn't touch it.

On the way to Listowel tonight we stopped at the Wallenstein store and I went to the book section and quickly found a children's book called, "I Couldn't Love You More."  I thought the message and pictures were nice so I asked Graham about it and he said to buy it if I wanted.  I left it in the car but after Isaac woke up I thought it might be good timing to read it.  It talks about how Jesus loves us even more.  I talked about how Josiah gets to be with Jesus.

I didn't realize the significance of the book until now.  It's based on the lyrics of a song by Matt Hammitt of Sanctus Real and Jason Ingram.  From the inside flap of the book: "Hammitt's solo album Every Falling Tear chronicles his faith journey surrounding the birth of his son, Bowen ... born with hypoplastic left heart syndrome and endured two open-heart surgeries within the first months of his life."

Josiah had hypoplastic right heart syndrome along with a host of other issues.  A portion of the proceeds from the book and his album go to their foundation that helps families with children suffering from congenital heart defects.  Cool!  Thanks Lord!  Here's one of the songs from the album: This is Grace.



It was nice to have a visit with my neighbour this afternoon. 

Time for bed.  Thanks so much for all your prayers!

Blessings,

Elizabeth

Isaiah 43:2
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.

1 comment: