Monday 29 July 2013

Sorting papers

It's getting late but I've been able to sort out quite a few of the papers that have been sitting around here driving me a little crazy. 

Isaac didn't get to sleep tonight until 9:20 after I sang him to sleep.  I'd left him crying earlier because nothing I did was making any difference but thankfully his daddy had compassion.  When I went in he stopped crying and shortly thereafter said, "I didn't want Baby to die."  He's spoken a couple of times now about Baby coming back.  I've explained that Baby won't come back.  Actually, I tried to explain a little of what it talks about in 1 Thessalonians 4 but I think it went over his head because he told me he didn't want that to happen.

Isaac and I went on our adventure this morning and saw a rabbit, a blue jay, a squirrel, and a number of ducks.  Isaac enjoyed picking some flowers.

Matt Hammitt's Trust:

 

Thanks so much for your prayers!

Blessings,

Elizabeth

Revelation 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.




3 comments:

  1. I was thinking of Josiah last night, and of you, Elizabeth, Graham & Isaac. I remembered a song, by Steven Curtis Chapman. It's called Heaven Is the Face of a Little Girl, and he wrote it after the tragic death of his young daughter. I'm not clever enough to know how to post it here (only to Facebook), but if you want you can find it on youtube and listen to it. Its very moving. I've enjoyed listening to the songs you've posted here, especially last nights. Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved your lyrics in the past few days. God truly gives the gift of song to an artist to bring love, comfort, peace and yes, joy to others. Josiah was a beautiful created gift and your family, with grandparents included, were God's gift to Josiah. Each time that I read your blog, I think of you holding him. Yes, all of your readers would love to see his daily photos, too. Then I think of God's gift to us in our hearts. No matter what happens to us in our earthly life, there is no deception, stealing or destruction that can take God's depth of love away from our hearts. Pain, hurt, grief and any trial imaginable only grow that undying love to inspire and move us on when God is ready to do such in our lives. As your family works through this grieving time while following behind the footsteps of Jesus, God is working in you, through you and for you. I will never cease to be amazed and thankful for His grace for the next hour when He always knew what was (is) ahead of us. Praying for God's faithfulness in blessings and surprises this wk. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the name of the Lord: for His name alone is excellent; His glory is above the earth and heaven.
    Psalm 148 v 13.

    He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust.
    Psalm 91 v 4.

    Before they call I will answer, and while they are yet speaking I will hear.
    Isaiah 65 v 24.

    Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee.
    Isaiah 26 v 3.

    Dear Elizabeth, Graham and Isaac,

    May the Holy Spirit comfort, sustain, and soothe you, as He gently and gradually lessens your deep pain or numbness. As you support and cling to each other, may pleasant memories of darling Josiah ease your suffering as you miss him greatly. If you are alone perhaps hugging Josiah’s pillow, blanket, or soft toy will help, as you breathe deeply and feel God’s presence and know that He is looking after Josiah. Heavenly Father, in Jesus’ precious name, grant energy, health and coping ability and good, safe nights sleep to Elizabeth, Graham, Isaac, grandparents, relatives and friends. Thank you God.

    Elizabeth, it is good that you got the papers sorted out. It is beneficial when you tackle things that need attending to, and can relax better afterwards. Be kind to yourself and look after yourself and the little baby growing inside you. When you told Josiah about the new baby, Josiah became an older brother, and he would want you to have the needed rest and care.

    The following is a website with a video of Jon Payne, who is a worship pastor, singing a song of remembrance of a child, and praying to our Heavenly Father for people who needed help.

    http://www.worshipmatters.com/2008/10/16/spontaneous-song-for-parents-who-have-lost-a-child/

    I hope you find it appropiate.

    Much love from your auntie Julia.

    ReplyDelete