Tuesday 30 July 2013

Extra marks

Wearing Daddy's shoes
There's not much to report ... except that I made a complete dinner all by myself tonight so that was exciting.  It even included roasted vegetables (only slightly overdone) and what may be my favourite salad - quinoa, beans, and vegetables mixed with lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, fresh mint and cilantro and a few other ingredients.  Delicious.  I actually just went and had some as I started to write this.  I could eat the whole bowl.  On a good day I give myself extra marks for cutting up lots of vegetables - I'm a little ridiculous.  I'm afraid salads usually seem like a lot of work to me. 

Isaac and I enjoyed the library program this morning.  Tomorrow Josiah's visiting nurse is coming as I asked if she would take our leftover supplies and Josiah's chart.  Isaac's volunteer will also come.  I think next week will probably be her last week as the following week we'll be on vacation.  She's been such a blessing.

We almost have all of the approvals for the music we used in the funeral.  One place is fine with us using it but wants us to sign an agreement so we're waiting for that.  That place only has 50% of the licensing so we're waiting to hear back from the other place. 

I've been feeling better and thankfully Isaac went to sleep better tonight. 

In other exciting news - I finally purchased a banana guard as Graham usually takes a banana to work.  Awesome. 

Thanks so much for your prayers!

Blessings,

Elizabeth

Psalm 18:19
He also brought me out into a broad place;
He delivered me because He delighted in me.


3 comments:

  1. O Give thanks unto the Lord; for He is good: for His mercy endureth forever.
    Psalm 136 v 1.

    Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.
    Hebrews 13 v 8.

    He giveth power to the faint, and to them that have no might he increases strength.
    Isaiah 40 v 29.


    Hello Elizabeth, Graham and Isaac.

    Seeing you Isaac in your daddy's shoes reminded me of when I was a child and stayed with my auntie Julia in the school holidays, putting on her high heels and placing and balancing her fine hats on my head, one on top of the other, and grandly strolling around. Very happy memories.

    I burst out laughing after I read the word “awesome”. Elizabeth, you have every reason to feel pleased with yourself after purchasing the banana guard. Each banana can now travel securely with Graham to work!

    Congratulations on making a delicious dinner. We had a very tasty meal and fellowship on Sunday at Richmond and Joanne’s home which also included roasted vegetables. We too had fresh mint (which they grow) with fruit salad. Elizabeth, as well as kindly sharing with us your experiences, you are evoking beautiful memories.

    Our Heavenly Father, in Jesus’ name may you all have good health, energy, deep safe sleep at night and the comfort of the Holy Spirit at all times. Thank you God.

    Love and prayers from your auntie Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God loves you so much and so many of us do too. I wonder how many extra buckets of love He might be sending to your family in these days. Your family is such a Christian inspiration and you are planting so many seeds. Thankyou. Praying for you now. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are indeed evoking beautiful memories, as auntie Julia says. When you spoke of taking Isaac to his program at the library, it reminded me of all the summer afternoons I trekked up their with the girls to enjoy various summer activities. Friday afternoons they used to show videos and we'd all go up and watch, if only to sit in the air conditioning. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete