Tuesday 16 July 2013

Hot

Yesterday morning I was up reading between 4:30 and 6:30 AM but then I was able to get a little more sleep after that.  After Isaac woke up last night, he was quite upset.  I couldn't get him back to sleep until after 1:00 AM (eating a banana seemed to be the key).  I slept beside him in my jeans and top until around 4:00 when I went and changed. 

Isaac's aunt, uncle, and cousins head back to B.C. tomorrow so we spent the day with them.  We went to an indoor playground and the kids had a great time.  We went back to my brother's home in the afternoon and the kids enjoyed the toys and we all enjoyed the cool air. 

We stopped at our home (the sauna) tonight and Graham gave Isaac a bath while I tried to tidy a few things up.  It didn't take long to realize that we shouldn't sleep there.  I took a few photos of his chair in the kitchen and then took it to the basement.  I also took photos of some of his foods and the containers for his feeds that I used to make up in the mornings. 

Graham just told me it's 27 degrees and it feels like 36 degrees right now at 9:20 PM.  Graham just returned from watering the grass on Josiah's grave.  It's only five minutes from my parent's home.  The grass which was cut out to dig the hole is looking quite brown. 

Yesterday on the way to Listowel Isaac finally agreed to give Graham one of his clementine pieces.  Then he told us that he was saving one for Baby Josiah.  We talked about how God gives him everything he needs in heaven and that Josiah would like Isaac to eat it for him.  Today Isaac said (he often says these things in the car) that he didn't want to go home, he wanted to go to heaven to see Baby Josiah.  We talked through that again. 

The thought came to me tonight that I should try to make up a happyish song about Josiah that I can sing to Isaac if he wants to hear it.  He always likes me to sing to him a nap and bedtime.  Jesus Loves Me is first and then if I ask later if he wants one more it's almost always Our God Reigns.  Every so often he lets me know that I can choose any song I want to sing. 

Thank you for your prayers.  My parents returned the suction machine today and tomorrow morning I'll start calling places about the other things.  I meant to do that today but I forgot the piece of paper with all the numbers on it.  I'm still in 'control mode' with a number of items on my to-do list.  I'm hoping when those are accomplished I can just think about this new reality without Josiah in my arms.  My parents dropped by our home today.  Dad told me that he sat in the chair where he always rocked Josiah.  Both mom and dad were there and they said a prayer.  That was a nice image for me.
Graham's parents came across a helicopter photo frame so they bought it to put Josiah's photo in as he always loved his toy helicopter.

Thank you for your prayers.  

Blessings,

Elizabeth

Isaiah 40:31

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment