Wednesday 17 July 2013

Back to work

Grandma helped Isaac make this ice cream cone
He came to the door with blue gloves on and took the pole from me.  I watched him as he reached the back of his SUV.  He took out a large clear plastic bag and lifted the pole into it.  He threw his gloves into the bag, removing them carefully, and tied the bag shut.  He then took out another plastic bag and covered the top of the pole, being careful not to touch the pole. 

Josiah was just a sweet baby.  His smile was contagious but not his disease.  The pole held his feeds and his bravery beads.  It's completely understandable but I don't have to like the gloves.  I guess I should be thankful he wasn't wearing a mask as well.  I cried as I watched him take the pole, no longer needed in Josiah's room.

That happened at 1:30.  I waited until 5:30 for all of the oxygen tanks and supplies to be picked up.  It was the regular delivery man who kindly expressed his condolences.  It was nice to say goodbye to him.  I then quickly went to the pharmacy before it closed at 6:00 so that I could drop off all of Josiah's medications as well as his sharps bin.  I was also able to make it to the Purolator building to send the oximeter back.  I arrived at my parent's home around 6:10 to discover that Isaac had decided not to eat until Mommy returned.  He woke up twice last night and called for me but he didn't cry and he was able to fall back to sleep with some Mommy time. 

Graham went back to work today and had a good day. 

I still need to return some items to the dietitian and the physiotherapist and I left messages for them today.  I also need to pick up a couple of things at the funeral home and throw away the flowers on Josiah's grave. 

I don't think I mentioned it (although my memory isn't the best right now) but Isaac woke up the other morning humming and making percussion sounds, happily entertaining himself and his mommy who was listening outside his door.  It was at the dinner table tonight that he said he wanted Baby.  We all do my lovely boy.  It is quite comforting to know that I can speak to the One in whose presence Josiah abides. 

Thank you for your prayers!

Blessings,

Elizabeth

Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

3 comments:

  1. There are always things to 'wrap up' after someone dies, but it seems sadder and more poignant when it is a child. Hugs and prayers for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD's name is to be praised.
    Psalm 113 v 3.

    The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end;
    It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.
    They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness.
    The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him.
    The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh Him.
    Lamentations 3 v 22-25.

    Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
    And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
    Philippians 4 v 6 & 7.

    He hath said, I will never leave thee or forsake thee.
    Hebrews 13 v 5.


    Dear Elizabeth, Graham, Isaac, Josiah’s grandparents, relatives and friends,

    I pray for the healing of your sad aching hearts, at times full of pain and yearning as you grieve for Josiah, whom you dearly loved and had such compassion and care for and who brought much joy into your lives, during his short time here on earth with you. As you love, trust and have faith in God our Heavenly Father’s divine wisdom, may you be comforted by the Holy Spirit and at times be able to bask in the memories of all those treasured happy times you shared with Josiah especially when he was smiling and laughing as you interacted with him. As you help each other, may you gradually become strong, healthy and whole through the power of the Holy Spirit. Be kind to yourselves in positive ways and continue to lead fulfilled lives whether smiling or crying. Keep your eyes on Jesus.

    Heavenly Father in Jesus our Saviour’s precious name, may you Graham be protected, strengthened and able to concentrate at your daily work and know that God is using you to His glory. Elizabeth may God protect you and renew you with energy and wisdom as you carry a new healthy life into this world. Thank you God.

    I really liked the photo in the 17th June blog of Isaac using the watering can to water your plants outside, and to read that he watered Baby Josiah’s grave was so touching, as he is still caring for his little brother in actions as well as in thoughts. It is lovely that you are visiting and looking after Josiah’s grave. I am pleased that Josiah’s grave is sheltered by a small tree nearby, as Josiah is safe in the arms of Jesus. It is good you have a photograph of Josiah in the helicopter photo frame, as he enjoyed playing with his toy helicopter. He even flew in a helicopter which allowed him to recover.

    May God grant you all restful safe sleep at night and wake refreshed each morning. Thank you God.

    Elizabeth and Graham, be assured that you are in my thoughts and prayers throughout each day, even though I do not type a comment on your daily blog. Thank you for your time and efforts of typing and sharing with us your walk with God, as you cope, now that Josiah has gone to live in Heaven.

    May the love and saving salvation of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit be made manifest in the life of everyone who is reading this.

    Much love and continuing prayers for you all from your auntie Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Elizabeth and Graham: We don't like this new norm and yet, you continue to faithfully write your blog and we continue to read (and weep) through it. This week's journey is much more intense and 'trudgimg'. Whenever we look up or around us, we have that picture of Jesus just waiting for us with His open arms...ready for us at any moment. I guess that all He asks of you is to keep on keeping on loving Him. He loved you so much in the old norm and now, in the new one. He created a beautiful Josiah and knew what He was doing, so I just thank Him today for that bundle of love and for His continuing strength and wisdom for today.Praying for all of you today and Josiah's 4 wonderful grandparents. Much love

    ReplyDelete