Monday 1 July 2013

Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day and Happy Birthday to my cousin!

I thanked God today that I live in Canada.  It's a wonderful country.  

It was a lovely day today. Graham and Isaac and my parents went to a family get together and Josiah and I hung out at home.  We didn't think driving an hour and a half there and back again would be the best thing for Josiah today but he and I had fun here.   I don't actually get much one-on-one time with Josiah so it was a treat.  We played for a long time in the living room.  He's doing such a good job of sitting.  I lie behind him so that he'll fall on me but he's able to sit without support for a little while and I'm sure that will just keep improving with more practise.

I'm very excited that Josiah didn't watch the DVD player once today.  It's also embarrassing to have to say that.  In the hospital there was so much negative stimuli that they told me it was a good thing for him.  Then, when they sent us home and said he was dying, I wasn't about to cut him off from his videos.  Now, I'd like to limit them as much as possible.  It wasn't a problem once today so I'll keep the DVD player in my room for now and hopefully it will be okay.  It will definitely come in handy for trips to the hospital when he needs to lay still and to help him be content on long car rides.

Josiah had three separate diaper explosions today.  He usually has one a day and yesterday he didn't have any so he saved them all up.  All of the Josiah photos are from when I was playing peekaboo with him tonight from behind the end of the crib.  He anticipated and then seemed scared for a brief moment and then laughed and laughed.  Very cute.  

Isaac was quite excited when he arrived home tonight.  He told me about having a tractor ride with Grandpa and a wagon ride and seeing his cousins and aunt and uncle and relatives.  It was a big day for him.  Graham was just saying how he chats to himself in the car and tells himself stories.

I actually baked tonight.  In fact, I picked rhubarb from my garden and then baked rhubarb squares.  I was allowed to eat something sweet because it's Canada Day and it felt good to bake something.

I tried the new feeding system that our dietitian brought us and it works well.  There are 30 in the box and we use one a week so they'll last a long time.

Thanks for your prayers!

Blessings,

Elizabeth

P.S. Yesterday we discovered Josiah has another tooth coming in on top.

Proverbs 1:7
Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment