Thursday 4 July 2013

Clapping with excitement!

I dropped Isaac off at his cousins' home at 10:30 this morning.  He was still in his car seat when I told him that his cousins had come outside.  He was so excited that he started to clap and couldn't wait to get out!

The plan was for me to get a bunch of errands done but when I arrived at the store where I was planning to buy something, I realized that I'd lost an important paper that I needed.  Instead of going into the store I retraced all of my steps in the car, including going back to where Isaac was and then back home again, all the while looking for the paper on the other side of the road in case it had blown out of the window.  I never found the paper.  So, I didn't accomplish quite as much as I had hoped to accomplish but I eventually made it back to the store and bought the item I had needed.     

I was out of the house a lot of today but Josiah's nurse said he had a great day and was very active.  During one of my returns home, he looked up at me from his chair and gave me a huge smile.  He then proceeded to make a ball spin with great intensity and delight.

For the next few days we'll feed Josiah 110mLs of Pediasure from his 6:00 AM feed until his 6:00 PM feed and he'll also receive 50mLs at his 9:30PM feed.  Following that, we'll give him 120mLs at his day feeds and skip his 9:30 PM feed altogether.  Our nurse is a little concerned that Josiah may not tolerate the increased volume.  I pray he'll be fine. 

The nurse practitioner came by today.  She was very impressed with how good Josiah looked. 

People blessed us with meals tonight! 

It's time for bed.  Thanks so much for your prayers!

Blessings,

Elizabeth

Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.


No comments:

Post a Comment