Wednesday 3 July 2013

Delicious!

It was a fun day with family.  Isaac's aunt, uncle, and cousins came over.  They are visiting from B.C.  We went to the park at the end of our road in the morning and then after lunch, a couple of children had naps before having some fun outside with the wading pool and swing set.  For the first time, I went down the big slide with Isaac at the park.  Fun times! 

Isaac tried pomegranate, cheese strings and walnuts today and enjoyed them all.  My sister-in-law made us an amazing dinner (my brother-in-law was also busy chopping).  We filled lettuce leaves with delicious fillings.  You can't go wrong with garlic, ginger, lime juice, cilantro, mint, and hoisin sauce.  I'm looking forward to leftovers tomorrow!

I was also able to send out emails to two nursing agencies for scheduling and invoicing, an insurance contact for questions about the invoice as it seems to be missing one piece of information, and a nurse at SickKids to ask about a referral for Josiah.  I also took the advice of my sister-in-law and had a nap.  It was a great day!

Josiah woke us up with his crying this morning, which is very odd for him.  He had really loud and big sobs, he seemed so sad.  That's when I started wondering if I'm damaging him psychologically by going cold turkey with the DVD player but I'm happy to say we've gone three days without it.  He had a long stroller ride this morning and enjoyed a swing tonight after his big supper.  He loved eating kiwi tonight!  

Thanks so much for all of your prayers!

Blessings,

Elizabeth 

Proverbs 3:5,6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

P.S. Sorry - no photos of the boys today! 


3 comments:

  1. Dinner looks FANTASTIC:) I love it that you are posting a Proverb for every day, so often you and I are choosing the same ones!

    You are never far from our thoughts. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious about the DVD's that Josiah was watching. If I remember from some of your earlier posts they were educational weren't they. Is there someone you could ask to see what might be good ones that would stimulate Josiah and encourage learning for him if you find that you do need to use the DVD player. I happen to think that you are fantastic and doing an amazing job of caring for both of your boys. Try not to be too hard on yourself. God has given you such strength and grace to handle the challenges that you have been given as a mom. I really enjoy the pictures you post. Even these food ones. Hope you have a great day.

    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haved missed all of you and you are always "with" us. Sarah Youn g says 'Do we enjoy God's presence this day or presence in our problems?' I like that one. It was a joy to catch up with your family blogs. Proverbs will get anyone through a day. Praying and much love.

    ReplyDelete